West Bengal Staff Selection Commission organized various recruitment examination for West Bengal Govt Sectors.
LDA / LDC Examination is the one of the main exam. WBSSC conduct this examination for recruitment to the post of Lower Division Assistant(LDA), Lower Division Clerk(LDC)
in Secretariat Offices,Directorates and District Offices under Government of West Bengal.
The conduct this examination to fill-up the vacancies of various departments, as follows:
1. School Education
2. Agricultural Marketing
4. Irrigation and Waterways
5. Youth Services
6. Finance (Revenue)
7. Food Processing Industries and Horticulture
8. Social Welfare
9. Correctional Administration
10. Industrial Training
11. Higher Education
Scale of Pay:
Pay Band-2 (Rs. 5400/- - 25200/-)
Initial Pay in the Pay Band- Rs. 6240/-, Grade Pay-Rs. 2600/-
###### salary during the period of probation (for a period of three years) - only the entry point pay i.e.
Basic Pay plus Grade Pay of the concerned Group C posts or service or cadre or category shall be allowed with
annual increment @ 3% per annum and medical allowance, if any.
**Candidates shall be required to indicate any two options from the following three available choices, for
posting, in order of their preference:-
A. Vacancies in the Department
B. Vacancies in the Directorate
C. Vacancies in the Districts (Any one District)
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
i) A Pass in Madhyamik Examination of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or its
ii) Acquisition of elementary knowledge in Computer operation with the ability of typing on
Computer at the speed of 20 words per minute in English or 10 words per minute in Bengali
from a reputed organization for a period not less than 6 (six) months.
The above noted qualifications must be possessed by the Candidate on or before the date of publication of
* THE AGE OF THE CANDIDATE SHALL BE NOT LESS THAN 18 YEARS AND NOT
MORE THAN 40 YEARS ON THE 1 st DAY OF JANUARY of the advertisement year or as per commission advertisement .
*DATE OF BIRTH as recorded in MADHYAMIK OR EQUIVALENT ADMIT CARD /
CERTIFICATE will only be accepted as a valid proof for verification of Age.
The upper age limit is relaxable :-
* by 5 years for SC and ST candidates of West Bengal,
* by 3 years for BC - A and BC - B candidates of West Bengal,
* upto 45 years of age for Persons with Disabilities (having physical disability of at least 40%
* by 2 years for candidates who have been in Government service continuously for at least two
* Age relaxation for the Ex-Servicemen candidates will be given as per existing Govt. rules and regulations.
### The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the SC/ ST/ BC-A / BC- B candidates of West
Bengal only, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective Category.
* The benefits of age relaxation for SC/ ST/ BC- A/ BC- B candidates will be admissible to the SC/
ST/ BC-A / BC- B candidates of West Bengal only, as per relevant rules & regulations.
* SC/ ST / BC- A / BC- B CANDIDATES OF OTHER STATES WILL BE TREATED AS
How to Apply: Online Application through commission website (www.wbssc.gov.in)
Examination fees (As per 2016 notification):
1. SC- Fee:Nil + Processing Crg:Rs.20/- = Total Rs.20/-
2. ST- Fee:Nil + Processing Crg:Rs.20/- = Total Rs.20/-
3. Persons with Disabilites (of at least 40% and above only):
Fee:Nil + Processing Crg:Rs.20/- = Total Rs.20/-
4. All Others Categories : Fee:Rs.200/- + Processing Crg:Rs.20/- = Total Rs.220/-
**No exemption of fees is available to the SC / ST / BC-A / BC-B candidates of other states.
The Examination shall consist of two parts viz. Part-I and Part-II and shall be held on two different dates.
Candidates shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in Part – I shall only be allowed to appear in
the Part-II examination.
The Part-I will carry 100 marks having 100 questions of 1 (one) mark each, comprising of
multiple choice objective type questions on English (30 marks), General Studies (40 marks) and Arithmetic
The Part-II shall consist of conventional type questions on
(a) Group -A - English, and
(b) Group-B – Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali carrying 50 marks each for Group –‘A’
and Group ‘B’. The duration of Part-I Examination shall be 1 hour and 30 minutes and
the duration of Part-II Examination shall be 1 hour.
###The Candidates who will take Hindi or Urdu or Nepali, as the case may be, in lieu of Bengali of the Group – B of
Part-II Examination shall, before confirmation, have to pass a Departmental Examination in Bengali during the
period of probation.
### FINAL MERIT LISTS SHALL BE PREPARED ON THE BASIS OF TOTAL MARKS OBTAINED
IN THE PART – I AND PART – II EXAMINATIONS.
1. ENGLISH :: Fundamentals of the English such as Vocabulary, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms and its correct usage, etc.
2.GENERAL STUDIES :: Matters of everyday observation including everyday science, current events and problems with special reference to India, Elementary knowledge of Indian History and Indian Geography
3. ARITHMETIC :: Divisibility, Fractions, Decimals, Recurring Decimals, Simplification,H.C.F., L.C.M., Partnership, Average, Ratio and Proportion,Percentage, Simple Interest, Profit and Loss, Time and Distance Area
of Rectangle & Squares.
GROUP – A: ENGLISH:
(a) Drafting of a report in English from points or materials supplied;
(b) Condensing of a prose passage (summary or précis);
(C) Translation from Bengali/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Nepali, as the case may be, into English.
GROUP – B: BENGALI/ HINDI/ URDU/ NEPALI:
(a) Drafting of a report from points or materials supplied;
(b) Condensing of a prose passage (summary or précis);
(C) Translation from English into Bengali or Hindi or Urdu or Nepali, as the case may be.
Application Starting Date: Will be published soon.
Application End Date: Will be published soon.
Date Of Examination Pat I: Will be published soon.
Date of Publication of PART I Result: November-December.
Date Of Examination Pat II: January-February
Date of Publication of PART II Final Result: Click Here to get the LDA/LDC 2016 Final Result